1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fire/Grass, May 5, 2005.

1. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

I went to look at a few Gravely's this morning and here are some prices I received.

Pro H 1748 W/B Pistol grip...$4250
    152 Z with 23hp Kawi manual lift, - Q, ...$5600

I have never look at the Gravely's before, was just curious if those prices seemed reasonable. I have found a web page that list Gravely pricing and the prices I was quoted cheaper then what is listed on this web page.

Also, anyone using these mowers with the Gravely double blade system? Would like to hear oppinions on this. I beleive it would only be available on the 48" deck.

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Price seems good to me on the Z. When I looked last month at gravely 152 I was quoted like 6299. The 44 was even 5799 and the 48 19 kawi was 5999. I'm still going with the toro tho. Just waiting til he gets some in so I can ride exact model before I buy
  3. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

Bring this back up to the top

Anyone with opinions?
  4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

If that price is accurate for a new PM152Z, buy it now !
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have and like that PM152Z???
  6. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

I mow part time, as well as several coworkers. I primarily use my Gravely for everything (Pro G 1548 WB) that I mow. The TORO guys are always whining about thir decks clogging up if the grass isn't Arizona dry, and having to stop mowing and clening under the deck constantly. I never have this problem (have never ran "doubles, so I don't know if it's better or not). Heck, I even mowed in a heavy rain and there were very few clumps of grass.

Gravely builds these things really heavy. I would compare them to something like a Great Dane mower.

The warranty is phenominal! No questions asked (at least from my dealer). I had a belt problem with my WB and the dealer said bring it to me and we'll fix it. After I got it to him, he says, "When ya need it back, and I'll have it ready for you". Only cost me the gas to take it up to him! :D

For me, It does not ever get better than this.