Gravely?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dutchacres, Oct 1, 2012.

1. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics of the Gravely demo.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2. dutchacres

Here are a few more.

8.jpg

Gravely.jpg

image.jpg

image1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Gravely.jpg

image.jpg

image1.jpg

7.jpg

3. dutchacres

Here are a couple pics of the lawns after I got done mowing them.

photo 2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo.jpg

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the great honest review. Sounds like you had a great cut as a finish mower but not as good as a rough cut mower. All my lawns are weekly and biweekly so I have had the near flawless cut. I have cut clover and crab grass with good results. This appears to not be the updated version by the looks of the suspension platform.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dutchacres

I did not think it was the updated version like you said because of the platform. It did cut pretty well on the weekly stuff I just kind of worry about the spring because of the grass growing so well that it would not cut as well. Is the updated version deck any different other than the opening being bigger? It seemed to me that all the stuff was getting balled up on the trim side of the deck.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry I dont know any other details on the deck. The exact words I was told were "improved deck".
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. varnerslawnservice

varnerslawnservice LawnSite Member

A prostance demo would be great if I had a dealer closer than an hour away, From all the positive reviews giving a Gravely a try would be a no brainer. I have been Deere and DC since I started 6 years ago mainly due to the large dealer following around me but with the newer updated Gravelys gaining popularity they must be doing something right. Might have to look into a demo...