Gravely260z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SKAT LAWN, May 10, 2006.

1. SKAT LAWN

SKAT LAWN LawnSite Member

Need Feedback On This Mower Please. Thanks

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what exactly would you like to know?

3. SKAT LAWN

SKAT LAWN LawnSite Member

Durability, Ride Qquality, And Overall Performance.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Search my name 'jtkplc' and '260z'. I have given a lot of feedback on mine.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2004 25hp kawi with about 290hrs on it. so far its been a good machine. It is fast and cuts well in dry conditions, when its wet I wish I had a couple extra hp to plow through with. I recently had a spindle replaced under warranty. I smashed into a rock cutting a new account (which I've now dropped). I love the suspension seat, its adjustable by weight. I also have the front axle "unlocked" so that it pivots, that helps with ride quality too.

6. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

i have one 36 hrs, I love it, i have run similar toro's Bigger grasshoppers and lots of others i have been very pleased, my only draw backs are you cant really use the front pivot axle whne the graound isnt Very Very flat cause it will gouge a bit. mine has the hydrolic lift and suspension seat and it is GREAT. I have let 3 guys ride it around and mow a bit and they have all gone with gravely also.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine...

8. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 252, 3rd year with the 25 hp kawi.
    I picked up a 260 2 weeks ago, and am very pleased.
    I got the water cooled 26, and so far havn't been able to bog it down.
    The changes they made on the deck work great, I'll be doing some work to the 252 to match.
    I went with the 260 because the xdz model dosn't offer the lift.
    I don't think you'd be dissapointed....

9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

good mower.

great with the suspension seat and hydraulic deck
    buy new bolts for the suspension front end grade 8 and replace them now and never ever take them out. Just a suggestion to reduce accidental scalping and breaking the bolts that it comes with.

My initial dealer (local guy) SUCKS and because of that I will not own another Gravely. But I really like the machine. almost 500 hours. Have had hydraulic problems, but Gravely overnighted parts and has been great covering all repairs.

Good company, great machine, crummy local dealer.

On my last Warranty repair I had to drive 50 miles each way to get it fixed. about a 90 minute drive each way.