GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Funny you say that, I most of the time know about as much if not more about the equipment thats in the dealership of by Greensouth who actually was recently bought out. The manager is telling me how to operate a z like Im a dumby yea maybe cause Im about15 yrs old, you should have seen the look on his face when I told him I already have a JD 737, he completely left me alone for my demo of the Scag Wildcat. Maybe Ill start my own dealer someday but I think Manufactures make you meet a certain quota to by gear from them. Sounds Pricy.

2. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

Funny you say that. I don't like salesman at all. I research all I can before going into a dealer and seeing what they have. They mostly tell you what you want to ear and leave out little details. I went in to one and asked him questions. I then ha him tell me about the machine (testing him) and he left out a lot and was incorrect about others. That is why it is so nice when you meet a great dealer who knows their stuff and is willing to be open about it and the products he has had in the past that worked and didn't. Sorry you had such bad luck. I'm sure it was one bad apple in the bunch. From what glmc says, gravely seems to have a great customer support and has given him decks to review (lucky).
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Just ordered a 272 and they're two weeks out also. Hopefully worth the wait for the new deck.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont know if you guys follow Gravely on Facebook but all this year they have posted pics of massive deliveries to very large LCO's. Im talking 60+ units. I wonder if Gravely is having a record year? Maybe they are low on inventory? Good for them but stinks for us if so....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

That's believeable to me. The traveling factory reps were a great idea and the design and build quality is very good to boot. I don't mind the wait - we added a 24/60 xf1 pro turn unit from showroom stock to help fill the 2 weeks, qualify for fleet, and satisfy my curiosity about the zt3200 pumps from hydro-gear. That will give us three of the four deck styles from gravely under one roof...

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a mower my dealer does have in stock with the new deck to boot. Mine will actually be at my dealer either tuesday or wednesday. Mary (Gravely rep on this site) dug into the situation deeper to figure out what happened. The pa warehouse showed two in inventory but they were not there when they went to ship it to my dealer. So somebody screwed up and put the info in the system wrong.

She said the warehouse will have the new mowers on monday. If they can get it shipped to my dealer monday i will have it tuesday. If not it will ship tuesday and I will have it wednesday.

Since you are in PA where the warehouse is, your new machine may be arriving right along with mine which would mean you will have it tuesday or wednesday.

7. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey GMLC was wondering if you could get a couple measurements for me? Working on an older 152z with a pre-XF1 deck and I copied kinda how the inside skirt is laid out on your 452 .Finished up most of the fab tonight except for the adjustable baffles. Was wondering if you could get me the height and the depth of the baffles as well as the distance or gap between the blade and the baffle. Thanks for all your help and sorry to hi-jack.

Also do you find yourself using the mower without the baffle's installed or if installed what's your favorite position?

Tried to post pics but lawnsite wasn't cooperating......

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  8. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a couple pics ... We will see how it works out with the new smoother transitions compared to the original one. I call this the XF.5 deck ;)

2013-06-02_22-04-47_882.jpg

2013-06-02_22-04-01_735.jpg

2013-06-02_19-28-43_226.jpg

2013-06-02_19-27-31_945.jpg

9. GMLC

My favorite position is 1" down. The only time I took them off was when mowing in the rain in tall grass, like 8-12". Im out of town all week so I wont be able to get your measurements until Friday, sorry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GMLC