1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw the under side of a mowing deck that clean...

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

how do you get free brand new stuff from gravely?

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I think more companies should do this. It's bad enough we often pay to be guinneapigs, but id do it for free if it helps others.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

This is the first stuff I have ever received. It all started on LS. I asked some questions about Gravely mowers and they were the first company to ever reach out to me. They asked me to do some reviews and our relationship grew from there. They allow me to test and review products and provide feedback. My only condition was complete honesty and they were all for it.

My offer applies for all companies but no other company has ever reached out to me...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Hey GMLC did the original X-Factor deck have the same Turbo Baffle? Or is it an addition, or they both have it but is this one the same design? Cheers

6. GMLC

Both have it and its the same design.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Ok thanks. If you get a chance next time you have your camera out, would you mind taking some more pics of the turbo baffle, one from the outside looking into the chute.

I had a brief search on google, couldnt see any of the old decks baffle.

Thanks in advance

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

That was my first thought when I saw the picture. When are Mfg's going to clean up the underside of the decks. That one will be a killer trying to scrape it.

9. GMLC

Greenology,

These are from my X-Factor 1 deck last year. I don't know if they will help. When I get my mower back with the new deck I will take more pics.

001.jpg

003.jpg

10. GMLC

Actually I rarely have to scrape my deck. It self cleans very well and doesn't pack much at all. I hope the new one does the same.