GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

I understand the Ford deal though I have never owned one. I worked at a Ford Dealership prior and have worked on/detailed them. I also have used them working in a previous towing company in the light service area and the wrecker/rollback area. You couldn't give me one for all the problems I have seen.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The more I think about those fuel usage numbers something is off in my calculations. It has to be that would be crazy good if it were right. I will figure it out better tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't think you're off very much with your figures. Maybe .1-.2 gph at most. When you consider that the engine is really 25.3 hp, and EFI to boot, I bet you are darn close with what you came up with, and that is on a new engine!! That's great GPH that will only get better. hHck, I get around 1.5 GPH average figure for all turf types with my FX850. I can believe you are getting that with that engine. My last Kohler was carbed, an CV730 (in my Z720) and I got around 1.25 averaged with that .

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Regarding the bolts under the deck, Its a non issue. The decks self cleans very well and I only clean mine once a week with a garden hose. Now the new baffles with the L shaped shelf definitely pack grass when its really wet out. I have now been running no baffles in the rain. Its not an issue when dry.

5. ProStreetCamaro

4.7-.2 so it used the fuel in 4.5 hours what ever that equates to.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You should have acquired a great deal of patience yourself, as seeing from your resume above, detailing requires a great deal of reserve...

7. INlawncare

INlawncare LawnSite Member
    from IN

I am going to talk to my dealer and see what he has to say about difference in the 29 EFI and the 31 Kaw. I demoed the 460 with 31 Kaw and was very happy with the QOC and just how smooth and nice it cut and rode. I just noticed that it was a little on the thirty side, but I would rather have a little extra power with little more fuel consumption than maybe not enough power with betr fuel consumption. I have heard nothing but good things about the Kaw motors but have also read bad about them. Just wanting some imput on them before I go buy a new one.

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

There will be no change in Kawasaki's fuel injection system at this time, and possibly never. They will continue the use of their open loop system.

I wonder why one company such as Kohler goes with the closed loop; of which I like better, and another company big as Kawasaki sticks with their open loop? This is a little confusing, but there's got to be a reason.

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont understand either! But Kohler will most likely be getting my business. And Im a big kawi fan...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ProStreetCamaro

Call me crazy but it seemed to have more power today. I climbed a couple steep banks and the rpm's barely changed. Either it is still breaking in and loosening up or the EFI is still learning and optimizing itself but it had more power today. I would think the 29 efi on a 52" would be the perfect combination. So far I am absolutely thrilled with the efi kohler. Fuel usage is phenomenal and the engine is quiet as a mouse. The efi starts and runs so smooth and effortless.

The only good kawi we have ever had is the 15hp twin on our 34Z and that one did give us some trouble for over a year that nobody could figure out. I finally figured out the problem and fixed it. It never uses any oil at all and is about to turn 2000 hours this summer.