GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

GMLC-
    the only 7 Iron deck are the stamped ones. I knowo they make a fabbed rear discharge deck that is 7 gauge or heavier for some of the bigger machines like the 997 and I think the 1400/1500 series.

Yes, Deere does incorporate a lot of their tractor technology in their ZTR's. In fact,, their new flex forks are based on their suspended and independant front axles in the mechanical FWD farm tractors.
    The forks are easily as strong as anything on the market today. If boxed steel were the strongest design, all the ag tractor manu's would use it instead of what? Wait for it..........CAST IRON.:laugh:

2. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

Are run flats the way to go? I have done a few properties and picked up a button tap nail, some foreign metal object and found a spindle off a porch in a foot of grass sticking straight up replacing the tube in the front caster three times already. Are they fairly comfortable as well or still kind of rough? What do you guys find for psi front to back?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. INlawncare

INlawncare LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have to say the Gravely is starting to fill a lot of trailers here in my area. My only complaint about the Gravely is the 2yr warranty on the machine. To me 3 to 5yr is what I'd expect out of a commercial mower. But that is the only thing I can complain about this mower. Built like a tank in my opinion and very very good QOC.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I love my no flats. They feel like 6-7 psi. I run 10-12 psi in the rear. Here is more info on the no flat front tires.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/more/pages/blog.aspx
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GMLC

The Gravely 400 series has a 3 year warranty and lifetime frame and deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

Do you even mow with your super z or does it sit in your garage? I mean it is way too clean to be an everyday mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GMLC

Thanks Ridin! My gut usually serves me well and I thought there was some technology behind these unique designs. Now I just need to try one. I have seen the amazing 7 iron cut many times right next to some of my accounts!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

Ridin, What are the differences between the 7iron, 7iron II, and 7iron pro?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think you can even buy a Deere today with the old straight 7 Iron Deck anymore.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The original 7 Iron was on the older 700 series machines up until about 2006 IIRC, then the 7 Iron II came out. The biggest difference is that the II version has higher BTS than the original.

The Pro deck has casters at all four corners and in the rear center on non MOD decks, while the II version has them at front/center and front corners. The Pro has a metal step instead of the non skid tape like the II version, and the Pro model has a flat wear bar, while the II version has the round wear bar. The front baffle is ever so slightly different on the Pro model, but is is so slight as to not be an issue.