1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Only takes a couple minutes to remove the baffles when its raining out. So its not to bad.

I would think its available in Australia. But not sure. Yup bigger discharge opening, adjustable baffles, and a revised chute for the bigger opening. Its now 13" on the 52" deck, must be even bigger on the 60" and 72".
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

GMLC, Is cleaning under the XF2 easy? Also, my velocity is a pain for grass to catch under and stick around the spindle shaft above the mower deck. I have to constantly take off the metal "protector" as is like to hang out around....especially when someone calls for a "knockdown" mow. I was just wondering if anyone else had the issues like that cleaning daily and if the red showed less dirt between washings.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

A full length striping roller eliminates rear scalping.

4. GMLC

Yup very easy. I just spray under the deck with a hose. Every machine has a few tight spots that collect grass. On my 452 its the engine cradle. I like to keep my equipment clean and looking good. Everything gets a real good cleaning once a week and a quick hose down a couple times.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Agreed..... as long as it mounts to the deck and not behind the machine like some do.

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Yep, only down side is the extra weight of a metal roller.

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Also agreed, but.... if you can't adjust the tension on the lift spring that weight adds up over the day. I still think they are generally worth it though.

8. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

These don't sound complicated to make to be honest. I might look into a making a kit for more defined stripes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I spoke with the Gravely rep for my area today, and you are right, they are extremely customer oriented, seemingly more-so than any mower company I've "ever" dealt with.

I told him I would love to demo a 472 to get an equal comparison, and asked him the engine selections. I was told the 31 hp Kawasaki and was the largest a/c gas engine offered.

He told me they just did not have 472's for demo purposes, and this was because there was not very many sold to commercial cutters, but he could see the 472 being a perfect fit for a farmer with large acreage to mow.

I just got off the phone with the rep and he told me they were building the mower I wanted to demo and it would be shipped Friday. I would say this is customer service second, no not second to none, but not even a close comparison to any mower company today.

I am getting the best mower Gravely offers, and getting a brand new one just off the assembly line to run as I please. I am looking forward to giving this mower a very thorough demo in the grasses and terrain I mow. He told me I would love their air ride seat, and I feel more than assured I will.

10. GMLC

Good for you puppy!! Sounds like a great opportunity. This is the customer service that got me, a 15 year scag veteran to give Gravely a try. Once I tried one I was sold.

I feel Gravely will take a big chunk of the commercial market in the next 5 years or so. Thats if they can get enough good dealers on board.
    Posted via Mobile Device