GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. cinco1

cinco1 LawnSite Member
    from neo

^ I wish I would have waited and gotten it all correct the first time :hammerhead: and its way to early for :drinkup: - so I have no excuse:rolleyes:

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

It's five o'clock somewhere :drinkup:

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's OK. Once I thought I made a mistake, but I was wrong.:laugh:

If I had a dollar for every time I've been wrong, I could probably pay off the national debt (at least, as it stands right now. Who knows how much higher it'll be by the time I can type and post this. :rolleyes:):drinkup:

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Dealer mentioned that the air ride seat would mount right up to this frame but not on the normal 200 frame.

Filled One tank to the brim yesterday and the other had maybe a couple gallons in it from the dealer. Ran it 4.3 hours - starting at zero - and filled up BOTH tanks with 7.8 gallons of fuel. Those 4.3 hours were at full throttle in thick, wet grass. I can't make any exact claims but the math says even if it had started with full tanks that's under 2gph.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

At least according to Jimmy Buffett and Alan Jackson right?:drinkup:

6. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I would think the air seat would fit that frame since it is the 400 frame.

That's pretty good for a brand new engine, and it'll almost assuredly get better with time. Mine started off at around 1.8, but seems to be averaging about 1.5 now, and that is for all types of grass, and both mulching and discharging.

BTW- did you see my post at #542?

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you for the effort!

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Nicely done as usual!! The only things I would add are the engine cradle is rubber isolated and the seat platform is also isolated. You did mention the isolated foot platform. The 400 frame is not only bigger it is wider and longer. Gravely also told me the center of gravity is lower on the 400 series as well.

As of last year the air seat was not available as an accesory for an add on to non 400 series machines. Im not sure if that has changed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks...this type information is very useful to people interested in Gravely, especially when comparing with other mowers.

I forgot to mention this, I told you about my friend that owns and operates an old 260, and the new 260 he bought recently. His wife was very familiar with operating the old 260, but not the new one. He let her run the new 260 last week on our church property and she hung the ROP on a tree limb, this stood the mower up into the air. She had to stop mowing for a while to regain her composure after telling her husband what happened, it literally scared the poor girl to death.

I wonder how many others have done this with mowers implementing the new ROP? I can imagine it would get your attention to be running along and come to a jarring halt while the mower stands up underneath you, it would probably sober a few up, and in a hurry.