GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

What are the 460's going for in your area?

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I got both of mine with the fleet discount. I will have to look at my invoice and let you know what I paid. I think my dealer quoted just a hair over 10k without the discount.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The dealer here told me a few weeks back that they are $10,799 here with no discount.

4. ProStreetCamaro

That makes sense because mine doesn't charge msrp. I think he told me $10300

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I used to not hesitate to spend 10 grand on a mower but now Im getting older and worry more about the economy, health, etc Im 56 and I know I need to buy a quality mower so Im looking hard at a Tiger Cat 61 velocity deck hurricane mulch system, I finally got a scag dealer but it is 70 miles away.

6. ProStreetCamaro

Trust me we have never spent over 6000 for a mower before this one (our 160Z was $6000) and we were very hesitant to do it but the 0% for 48 months made it more tolerable. It is my fathers business and he is 64 and turning everything over to me and I am 35 so I purchased the mower myself in my name and the truck will be payed off next summer and only has 50,000 miles on it now so my overhead will be very low. Just one mower payment, fuel and maintenance on the equipment.

7. ProStreetCamaro

Here is a new video. It was 95 to 100 and super humid with heat index 105 to 110 the entire week last week and no rain finally. Only problem is now everything has gotten very diseased and the lawns have slowed down already with that one hot week. In this video you can see I am not cutting all that much off but you can hear the mower pretty good. RPM's still shift but it doesn't seem as bad to me but it might just be me getting used to it. At the end I pick the camera up and go down along the lawn to show the stripes. I know in the video it looks like I always cut one direction but I switch this lawn up in 2 directions sometimes 3. The crabgrass has gone nuts this year even on the treated lawns. So much rain it has washed away the pre emergent barrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCOWMIextCI

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

PSC, lookin good as usual! I can hear a difference for sure.

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It's tough to tell in videos always, but it does sound like the engine is more steady and the hydro's sound quieter than that other video by a noticeable degree.

10. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

I can definitely hear some rpm shifts in the usual places (uphill). It looks great as always psc. I did notice you went another direction also from tracks. I also remember the lawn IIRC was mowed horizontally and you said it was a nice tall fescue treated yard. Very nice video. I love you guys pics and videos.