GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The new Gravely 472 I ran for a while was sold Saturday, sold to a gentleman that has 2 ac of personal lawn to cut, and that's it. I would say it is virtually impossible to have a problem with any mower when cutting that small amount of grass. He can cut every 4 days if necessary, and in a very short period of time. Like I told my dealer, it's great some people have the money to buy what they want instead of what they need, that was a good sell, he did not keep the mower at his business long at all.

2. g8tor38

g8tor38 LawnSite Member

I am buying mine for 2.5 acres, and although it is a major investment for just a personal mower, I am putting buying a new truck on the back burner to get it. Before it is all over I may end up in business again to help pay for it. I do hope the other guy got a good deal on his 472 after you were through with it, I couldn't find anyone wanting to deal on them unless they had 300 hours and ragged out.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Congrats! Keep us up to date. We are always here to help. The baffles are very easy to adjust and it wont take long to get you dialed in. The pitch and level on my 452 was almost perfect from the factory so my guess is yours will be too.

4. g8tor38

g8tor38 LawnSite Member

Thanks GMLC, I would appreciate the help. My wife told the neighbor not to get upset if their yard seemed as though it wasn;t growing. Told them she had a feeling I would be mowing the whole neighborhood every three to four days so I didn't have to get off of it, lol. Now all I have to do is clear a space in the shop for it.

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

It makes no difference the cost of anything, if you want it and money is no problem, then buy it, we only make this trip once.

6. g8tor38

g8tor38 LawnSite Member

well said,

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Talk about the wrong mower for the job. This guy is on a scag 36" wb with a velky. Terrible cut quality and he doesnt even know how to cut it. I can envision thousands of small 36" stripes going up and down that hill or even side to side but he cuts in circles. Just figured you guys would get a kick out of this.

[​IMG]

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Now there's a homeowner learning a lesson

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

He has been doing it with that little mower for a couple years maybe more (took pic on my way home). What you see is just a small fraction of that lawn. :dizzy:

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe the mower replaces gym time and equipment.