GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

...and/or he is like me and just really likes to mow, so he doesn't want to get it done too quickly.

2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

That lawn would be exciting to do. I wish we had something like that around here. Have you ever tried to talk to them prostreet to see if he would like some help?

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Actually I haven't. Maybe I will leave a flyer or stop in one day and introduce myself.

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I would tell him what a great job he is doing, but it looks like he could use some help. Show him your new Gravely and see where it leads. Take more pics too.

5. ProStreetCamaro

Hey I got my tach today. I just checked my old 160 here with the 25hp kohler and to my surprise it is turning 3,930 with the blades off and 3870ish with them on. Holy crap I was not expecting that because it doesn't burn any oil or smoke. I guess I should turn it down a little. How the heck do you adjust the rpm's on these things? I have actually never messed with the rpm's before on a small engine.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Holy smokes! No wonder you thought your Gravely performed better than the Z720 with the same engine! LOL That's a huge jump over what they should run at.

I have mine set at 3680 off load, which gives me 3620 with the blades on and right at 3580 with the blades on and thee machine in motion. I can see and feel the difference too.

I am sending you a PM PSC

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

With my mowers valves adjusted properly and the additional 300 rpms I picked up a full 2 mph. I can see why he would think that 25 was on steroids, and his mowing speed much faster, along with a much better cut and discharge, that engine is wound up, what do they call it in drag racing, it is "red lined."

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

.... and then some!:eek:

9. ProStreetCamaro

Haha its been good for 1600 hours so far!

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Do you believe the engine has been turned up that high for 1600 hrs., if so I can't understand how everything has held together, you are over-running the hydraulics as well? The components are designed to cool and function properly at 3600, much over that and you are pushing the envelope.

Can we be sure the tach is correct, anywhere to check it against another tach?