GRAVELY'S NEW X-FACTOR II DECK REVIEW!!! With Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, May 4, 2013.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder if BTS is slightly lower on the 160 with the 25 kohler? You already made the switch to exmark blades for rain too right?

2. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

Nice stripes.

3. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

"I always said the XF1 was the perfect in-between of the Scag and Exmark decks" what do you mean by this GMLC?

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

He's talking about the fact that the XF1 cuts so cleanly with smaller clippings like the Ultra Cut, but doesn't clump in the wet like one, and is more like the Scag in that regard, making the FX1 sort of a middle ground between the two.

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The exmark ultracut deck is highly baffled and it creates a TON of vacuum. This creates a carpet smooth cut with incredible stripes. It also causes the deck to get clogged up when the grass is even slightly damp and start spitting chunks of grass out.

The scag velocity deck is a wide open deck with very little baffling which creates much less vacuum and doesnt chop the blades of grass up and fine before it throws them out. This leaves a slightly shaggy looking cut (IMO) and not quite as defined stripes. It does keep the deck cleaner in damp conditions.

The xfactor deck is a fairly open deck but it does have some baffling. It creates enough vacuum to cut very smooth and clean and it chops the clippings up so they disperse and fall down into the turf. The deck stays pretty clean even in wet conditions. It falls right between the exmark super duper vacuum deck and the low vacuum scag velocity deck.

6. ProStreetCamaro

Well now I am pissed. Mower did not show up yesterday or today yet. I chatted online with a gravely rep directly on gravelys website and she looked it up and said the warehouse is out and will receive more units late next week. Once the warehouse gets them then it will get shipped to my dealer. So in other words I am looking at 2 weeks before the mower comes in to my dealer. That is ridiculous.

7. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

found a 160 with serial number 20,009
    May I assume it's carrying an XFII deck?
    Friggen dealer doesn't know much about Gravely it seems.
    So I talked to three salesmen and only one said it is. and even he wasn't re-assuring
    These guys are making me shy away from Gravely

8. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah it should be the new deck.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=397357

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

That stinks!! Sorry bro. The 460's must be selling well. Hope you can wait another couple weeks. At least you know your getting a fresh machine and not one thats been sitting in a warehouse since last year!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

It really amazes me how uneducated some salesman are on the products they sell. Most of the time I would rather deal with an area rep. They normally know their stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device