Gravely's version of a stand-on mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkdude, Dec 7, 2006.

1. exmarkdude

exmarkdude LawnSite Member

I heard today from the Gravely dealer that they are introducing a Stand-on mower this model year 2007. Anybody heard anything about this? He said they are a Great Dane painted red.

2. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Part of me says "could be fun". It would be nice to see more companies besides Wright and Great Dane (everride and deere but there the same) come out with a stand on mower. I want to see some strong competition.

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

it seems like every company is coming out with a new model mower for 07.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Nothing new here. The Gravely stand-on mowers are just Great Danes painted red, with Gravely decals. I am a Gravely dealer, and called the factory to find out all the details. !00% Great Dane in red.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well... it ought to look better anyways... and have MUCH better dealer support.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Merry christmass Mowing Man :waving: Does it have the gravely Deck????OH please:waving:

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to see a new stand on mower, not one of the two designs out there with different paint schemes. There has to be some improvements on both of the current designs, I would like to see those areas addressed.

How about some pics of these Gravely Standers?

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

John,
    Not at this time. They are using the Great Dane decks. Possibly later.
    All machines will be shipped to the Gravely/Ariens factory for complete inspection (and approval), before being shipped to dealers. All parts will be stocked at the Gravely/Ariens factory. This should provide good support for the product, as Ariens/Gravely has a near 100% immediate, fill rate on anything we have ever ordered.
    A big Merry Christmas to you too.
    Jeff

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did have very good luck with the 48" deck on the gravely mower i bought. The only up date i did was I used the exmark's solid lift blades, i was able to pick up the caster grass with those blades.

I guess we will see:waving: