Gravelys X Factor deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Oct 28, 2007.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do you think it will ever make it to the walk behinds?? I have that question sent in to gravely but they never seem to answer this type of question.

John

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If they were smart they would! This will be our last week of mowing for 2007. I've had to clean the deck out twice.:cool2:

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I Don't think that I have scraped my deck one time. There is one spot that used to accumulate grass right by the discharge opening, but it doesn't do it any more. I mowed wet grass all yesterday morning and my deck is good. I will post a pic in a few if I can get to my mower.

The deck on my 34Z does get a lot of built up grass. It still cuts good with 50 lbs. of clumped grass under there though.

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Here is a pic of the deck after yesterday morning mowing wet grass after the rain we had. I wish I would have taken the time to get some shots of the the stripes this thing can leave with my striper.

260Z Striper 004.jpg

260Z Striper 005.jpg

5. John Gamba

from ct

Sweet looking pics:cool2: Are theses decks still 5.4" deep???

6. John Gamba

from ct

Gravelys been known to do things very late:cry:

7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Allow me to measure.

8. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

GravelyGuy....are you running the Exmark high lift blades? I was wondering if anyone has found an after market blade that is made just like the OEM Gravely blades? The OEM has a slight off-set in them that allow the cutting edge to be lower by about 1/8" compared to the straight or flat plain design. I think I'm running a blade kind of like the ones in your picture and they seem to work well for me too.

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

The deck on my 260Z is right around 5.5" and my 34Z is just under 6"

I think the blades are Dixie Chopper. I ordered them from Cheapmowerparts.com since the stock blades are so expensive. They seem to cut well, but I love the stock marbain blades. They just last forever unless you get into rocks.

10. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Bud:waving: Has anybody run the Noched high Lifts??