Gravley 34Z Grease Zerks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

My machine has 180 hours on it and I have yet to find one on it. I have not really given it a complete inspection, but I have not seen any. I just checked the manual and all it says is to grease the front castors after like 200 hours:confused: I just read a thread about someone with 37 Zerks.

Thanks...

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Nope, no grease zerk, that is the way it was built. All you do is repack your casters pivots @ 200-300 hr, and @ 50 hr each simply use oil like 3 in 1 with little nozzle to do lubing at caster wheels, tensionor, pulley, do belt dressing and that is it!
    Amazing but true. Gravely don't do like zerks thing anymore, everything is pretty much sealed. The more zerks, the more people make mess and most of them even forgot by the time to do greasing.
    Is it familiar an employee of a large LCO who abuse a Ferris Z without caster wheel greased? He simply drags that dawn thing through street with caster not trying to spin due to lack of grease...he doesn't even stop or look, just bulldozed through street. It is typical of cutting crew of large company!
    amen

3. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, sounds like a good design to me:)

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I agree. my murray doesn't have zerks either.

GEO

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Their is 1 fitting only and thats on the parking brake lever.