Gravley 34z. Might Be Getting It!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 27, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well I went to the delear today, and they have 12months same as cash. so i think im going to buy a 34z. but... i have to sell my 36 and 48 before my pops will let me buy it. anytakers on em?

also is the 34z worth the 4k price tag?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are you sure that you want to get ride of two mowers for one. What happens if it breaks down? I would still hang onto one of the mowers at least just for emergencies

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

true. maybe ill keep the 48. nice thinking.

plus ill also have my 3 21's

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would keep the two you've got if they are paid for, and concentrate on getting more business.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

sell me the 48 in. and keep the 36, and buy the 34.

Did you go to Bourlier and Sons? Where did you go. The 12 months same as cash ends 5/31/04 i believe, so if your gonna do it you gotta jump on it.

Trevor

6. AGMG

AGMG LawnSite Member
    from erie PA

before you use it make sure it has the right belt. we just bought two and they both had the wrong size belt on them. something about assembly line they used the same belt for there 44s and there 34s

7. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

I have used a 34z for 2 months. The size is perfect for small/midsize city yards. "fast" The trick is the smaller wheelbase on hills. The cut is great. Easy to trailer and the kawaski easily starts. They must of had a gorilla put on the first oil filter! From 0 to 10 I wold rate it a 7.5.

8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Do you mulch? If so, how is the finish cut mulching?

How does it handle heavy dew and damp-to-wet grass? Do you get clumping ?

How is the stability on banks/berms ?

How is the ride on rough lawns?

Anything else you can offer will be helpful; I'm close to buying one, and can't get a demo !

TIA

9. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

I do not mulch. As far as heavy dew there is some clumping. Stability on banks is not as stable as a larger wheelbase machine! On rough yards it is like riding a bucking bronc! It has pros and cons... I primarily use the 34 on tight residential, inside fenced areas. It does have the deck height by pin which I have had to adjust to but it does keep the cost down. pros and cons

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ill be more than happy to sell you the 48...

and the 12months sameas cash got extended till juyly