Gravley or exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Bears Lawn Service, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Bears Lawn Service

Bears Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Gravley or ex mark? Witch one and why? I run Gravley right now but thinking about changing

2. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

:confused:WHY I have no complaints with gravely i run a 152,252pro turn.

3. Bears Lawn Service

Bears Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Just seeing what people think I see a lot of talk on here about exmark I love my Gravleys but I'm always looking for something better. I don't know much about exmark there's not any dealers close by so I was just wondering what people thought.

4. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

A lot of people like exmark's but if their aren't any dealers close by you can't really demo one, and if the dealers are pretty far away I would stick to Gravley's just cause their dealer support near you.

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

I'd stick with something with a dealer close by... it would suck to have to drive a couple hours to get a part.

7. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

On paper I like everything about the Gravely 400 except maybe the deck. Time will tell. Demo both.

8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin.

9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

The deck is kind of the most important feature, don't you think???
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Deck definitely ranks up there at the top. I should clarify, that this deck my be great for southern grasses, Im waiting to see what does in damp, thick, fine, northern fescue. If it proves to cut as well or better than the other brands I'm looking at, and is built just as well, then a 460 may very well be my next mower.