Gravley or exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Bears Lawn Service, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Bears Lawn Service

Bears Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Great review that's awesome that you got to go there
  2. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

Have not used either and Im just as content...Hmm that equipment but be the same as mine...I wonder who spent less on it? Im not really here to compare anything just making a point...Its a waste of time to compare the two...when theres something out there that cheaper and supplys the same exact results.
  3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

In my opinion and experience the results are not the same between manufacturers. Yes they all cut grass but cut quality in different conditions varies greatly between them all. Also build quality/fit and finish are quite different.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

It may be fine for a home owner or very small commercial guy doing it as a second job, but when you're depending on it as the sole sorce to provide for your family there is a very big difference. As GMLC stated, QOC alone can be huge. Speed and size of the machine increases productivity tons. Longevity is a factor. If you are to push a lighter built unit as hard as the big commercial units are pushed you can bet you'd never see 3000-4000 hrs. before scrapping it. Again this may not be a big deal for someone that is only putting on 50 hrs a season and not running it to the wall constantly. Low overhead is the name of the game and the best way to make profit. They wouldn't build and market lighter duty units if there wasn't a need for them, but you get what you pay for. That being said the industry has improved machines across the board and even the cost effective models can do some impressive things.