1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grayish Webs In New Seeded Area?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by WETSCAPE, Jul 6, 2008.

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

I had an area that I needed to have some Clean fill brought in. I followed it up with clean topsoil,set the seed and rolled. I noticed that it is taking a Looong time to come up even with the hay on top and the irragation running in 10 min spirts. It has been Humid and on/off rain so I held up on running the irragation system (some areas i have mushrooms), but not in this area.

I walked out this morning and found the spots where I reseeded and not coming up, I found a grayish web like substance? I hit it with Bayers Grub control and watered it in for 5 mins.

When I seeded I used Lescos Perrenial Turf Double eagle rye grass and used Andersons Herbicide 12-24-1 with 35% Siduron.

Anyone have a clue why this is taking so long to catch and also (most importantly) what the grayish webs are.... Its driving me nutz!!!
    Thanks as always!
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

THANK YOU! Spectracide immunox is what I am thinking of putting this down in AM. I am worried about the new seed. Should I get a spray or granular? I have never used this before (never needed to), so I will read all directions twice and do only the area effected. Is there another product other than the one I mentioned? Should I reseed after or let it be? How fast can this fungus spread?