1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grease for Scag Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DRCOUNTRY, Sep 2, 2005.

DRCOUNTRY LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Scag Tiger Cub for my 5 acres. My question is this, what brand of grease is preferred to use on the spindles and the rest of the mower as well? My manual says white lithium grease for the spindles and chassis grease for all others, but I want to make sure I get the best product I can. Thanks for your help!
  2. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you are a home owner,that Scag will be driven by your great grand children I'm sure:) Any brand should work,pick your favorite and go with it.Just follow what the manual says and you will be fine. It's a tough machine you have.
  3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

87 Octane is 87 Octane. White lithium grease is...white lithium grease. The importance isn't in the brand of grease but rather following the recommened grease intervals. The white lithium grease is sold in most auto parts stores. The chassis grease is found anywhere and everywhere.

FYI...Do yourself a favor and get the flexible end for your grease gun (assuming you do not have one already). It will be much easier to grease the spindles.