Grease points on Chevy/GMC 2500?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CK82, Jul 14, 2008.

1. CK82

CK82 LawnSite Member

I have both a Chevy and a GMC 2500. Im trying to figure out what I points I need to grease on them. I only found a grease point on the drive shaft linkage. Please help!

Chris

2. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

For a GMT800 there's 11 points. Most are easy to see and are on the steering components. The hard ones to see are the lower ball joints, get them from the back sides of the front a-arm, or remove the tire for easier access.

The GMT900 has fewer with 4, because of the rack & pinion steering.

3. CK82

CK82 LawnSite Member

Would there be as many grease points on a larger vehicle as yours? I only own the two 3/4ton pick-ups. One is a Silverado and the other is a Sierra. Anyone know from experience how many these vehicles would have?

Thanks, Chris

4. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

I have a '03 Sierra, you don't have the owner's manual to either of your vehicles? What years are your trucks? GMT800 chassis ran from 1999-'07 and both Chevy/GMC are identical, while the newer chassis presently made is the GMT900.

If your running something before '99, then you have a GMT400. There is sources on the net where you can download a pdf(nice illustrative pics) of the manual or other info...

5. CK82

CK82 LawnSite Member

I only have the manual for the 06 Sierra. The 95 Silverado, I dont have the manual. I looked previously in the 06 manual and didnt find any info on the grease points. Maybe I'll check again and check the internet.

Thank you!