Grease

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AMCAT, Aug 15, 2008.

1. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

What is a real good Grease to be useing on skids. or heavy equipment i know there are tons of different greases out there.but what is the right one to use on heavy wear pivot points & such ???

2. Nel-Martin

Nel-Martin LawnSite Member
    from ON

swepco ?? :laugh:

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

You will get all sorts of answers to that question. What I think matters most is that you grease your machines on a regular basis, even when you don't want to. It is easy to get lazy and say that's good enough or I will do it later........grease is the cheapest thing you have going for you when it comes to equipment, so grease-grease-grease! I have a Lincloln electric grease gun and that makes the routine a little easier for me to continue with. If you have employee's, assume they DON'T do it like they say they do (if at all) and make sure all the zerks work......carry extra zerk's in your tool box.

4. Johnny-CAT!

Johnny-CAT! LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

don't really think it matters that much what kind grease you use as long as you grease it on a regular basis...... Heck of a nice skidsteer you have there!!! :rolleyes:

5. Nelson M Martin

Nelson M Martin LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i have been greasing daily with grease called Wheel bearing grease.
    It seems like the pivot points on end of cylinder rods are drying up and makes greasing very hard..So i am not sure that all kinds of grease will do the trick.
    maybe same as MTL's and CTL's some brands are better then others:cool2:

6. Nelson M Martin

from Ontario

Goooday:canadaflag:

7. Nel-Martin

Nel-Martin LawnSite Member
    from ON

there is such a thing around , but i WON'T used it even though the sale rep talk very rapidly about how good this swepco grease is to do:hammerhead:

8. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Work pics...............

Kobelco & Cat.jpg

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

can i ask a question? what is the purpose of the vts? better traction? basically what is the added bonus of the vts?

10. Nelson M Martin

from Ontario

why the deere AM:):laugh: