Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carguyrob, Feb 27, 2010.

1. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

What kind of grease do you guys use for your mowers? Also is there a good place online to buy a case of cartridges? All the major manufacturers claim to have the best, just wondering what you guys have had good luck with. Thanks!
  2. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I use Lucas Oil Products Red 'N' Tacky Grease for all of my machines needs mowers, snow blowers etc..... it's expensive, but never had any issues.
  3. a_mow_zing

a_mow_zing LawnSite Member

To me, grease is grease, pretty much. I am sure that somebody will be along shortly to give you a better answer. Buy by grease by the case at the local auto store. I do buy hi temp grease though, that way you dont need different guns for high temp applications, as I use grease on other stuff.
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Mobile 1!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. theheisk

theheisk LawnSite Member

just my preference but I use Mystic. Got a friend with a logging company and he swares buy it...and he is ruff and I mean ruff on equipment!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. a_mow_zing

a_mow_zing LawnSite Member

I believe mystic is rebadged other stuff and then later rebadged as other stuff. Like I said, i think its mostly all the same.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

After all these years of full time mowing and running a good bit of hours on machines, I have come to the point that NAPA grease is excellent for our application. I have a plugr aerator that is on its 9th season and its had Napa grease only since 2006. Mowers, tractor, trucks, whatever all have the regular old Napa with great success since 2006. I spent countless $$ all the years before on synthetics and semi-synthetics, but not anymore.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Type and brand is not as important as the frequency. Just regularly kepp them greased and you will be fine. The only time I worry about which type of grease i use is for wheel bearings and there I only use waterproof wheel bearing grease.
  9. RCSindiana

RCSindiana LawnSite Member

I agree cheap grease is better than no grease. I use Lucas also.
  10. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help guys, 65hoss do you like the plugr aerator? Was looking into one for this season.