1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Greased Lightening

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, May 26, 2001.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

After listening to El Rushbo I tried a bottle of Greased Lightening today to clean my equipment and it works. Can't do much else because of the rain. This stuff is much better than the green stuff and little rubbing is necessary. It removed grease and grime on everything except the paint from my Hustler, Z-255, trimmers, etc. It even cleaned the outside of my Webber gas grill and it looks like new. It's nice to find a product that works now and then.

I found the stuff at Lowes and it comes in a Quart and 1/2 gallon size containers. :p :p

CLARKE LawnSite Member

Great i aways wash my mowers once or more a week,
    Lookin good shows the people you work for that you
    care what mowers look like, Even if your just mowin
    GRASS.But being small you can do stuff like that.:blob1:
    :blob3: GOT A LOVE THEM BLOBS:blob4:
  3. evergreenlawn

evergreenlawn LawnSite Member

I use the Castrol Super Clean. Spray it on and pressure wash off. It's effortless and equipment looks new again. Be careful though it took the shine off the hood on my John Deere. Now I only spray it on metal.

4. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

be careful with castrol supr clean. it can fade your paint:(
  5. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Got a Deere riding mower a few months ago, and it had been setting under a tree for about two years. Greased Lightening made the seat look bright yellow again.