Greasing a Metro 48"

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by troberts, Apr 16, 2002.

1. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

While getting my Exmark ready for the mowing season, I started greasing with a grease gun per the manual (page 25). On the lube chart, it says to do two pumps on the "trans. output shaft coupler" (Number 6 on the chart). It claims that this is located below the fuel tank support.

I can't seems to find the zirks for this one. Does this one not have zirks? If not, where do I shoot the grease?

BTW, I have Model M4815KA, Serial 241624.

Thanks for the help,

TMR

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

TMR,

No problem. The couplers are located on the output shafts of the transmission. A few years back we added a plastic guard round them that often rotates on the couple. When this happens you can't find the grease zerk because it not longer lines up with the hole in the plastic cover. Rotate the cover until you can feel the grease zerk (machine off of course) then push the mower forward or backward until you can get a grease gun on the zerk. You can also nudge the mower forward while holding onto the guard until you see the zerk line up with the hole. If it helps look at reference #3 of the engine deck group in your parts manual which shows the guard and the coupler.

Let me know if you have any other questions or you can call me at 800-667-5296 and I can walk you through any maintenance questions you may have.

Thanks

Terry

3. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Found it. Piece of cake once you know what you're looking for.

Thanks for the help,

TMR