1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

greasing echo??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by srk5252, Apr 30, 2001.

1. srk5252

srk5252 LawnSite Member

I just recently purchased a echo line trimmer from a customer and this is the only piece of echo equiptment i own. i went to service it over the weekend and i couldn't find a grease fitting for the head. Am i overlooking something? On my redmax the grease fitting is right on the shaft.
  2. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what you have but I have an Echo SRM2400 and the manual says the head grease is to be checked by cleaning the head thoroughly, placing it on its left side, removing the plug on the right side of the head and checking the grease level. Mine takes white lithium grease. It also says "do not overfill" and does not indicate how to determine what "full" is.

I hope this is helpful.

[Edited by Chopper Lover on 04-30-2001 at 05:42 PM]
  3. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

The echos don't have fittings, however, most have a screw in them. They only get filled once or twice a year. Since it is not a grease fitting, don't overfill it or you'll do more damage than good. The screw doesn't allow the extra grease to bleed out. You can either use those little "caulk" tubes of grease or sometimes you can put a fitting in there temporarily and use your grease gun.
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i just dont like what i get (results) from white litheum
    could all be my imagination but still dont like it