Great Accounts!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brandy, Mar 15, 2001.

1. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

Just wondering how many of you only service accounts which let you do everything! Mowing, lawn applications mulching, trimming bushes , snow plowing. I'm interested because what I see if your only cutting the grass its not worth it!!!
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I like to refer to it as Full Service Maintenace Agreements. If you cannot handle the entire deal lock-stock-and-barrel then you need to get certified or invest in the necessary equipment to do so.

I do not like to have someone else on my properties unless I have subbed them out for the work, because it was above and beyond our grasp. This would be paving and tree work basically.

I feel that by eliminateing the possibility of pointing the fingers at other contractors, and the he-said/she-said infantilite behavior of some operators; that it is in the best interest of your company to be a one-stop-shop.

Good Luck this season!
  3. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

I have several of the full service contracts as well as homeowners that just like the lawn mowed. As long as they keep their beds looking nice I do not mind this. For those who want their lawn done but the beds left and they start looking bad and they will not let us clean them I will drop them because I do not want to be associated with sloppy work. On those that we only mow, we make good money on. It's all about pricing your lawns so you can make a profit.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I have clients who do their own fertilizing. I help them in purchasing the program for their lawns, and also help them out with the applications if needed.

I just dont like to see more than one contractor on any given account. I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Good Luck this season!
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we provide ...offer ...advise on all the property maintenance needs to meet the customers desires ...if they want to do some things in the yard to stay busy or they just like to ... than fine ....if they want a perfect yard .... even better ...full service contracts are best as we are in control ...I agree I don't like outside company's on my property's ...I prefer to sub work I can't do ....but basic service has it's own merits ...the goal is to produce the income we need to live & make a profit