Great buy on a Mantis Tiller today

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gilla Gorilla, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I was at Home Depot this morning renting a lawn roller and saw the mantis tiller. I asked the manager if they sold them new and he said no, so I asked if he would sell a rental unit. He looked in the computer for a minute and told me $175.00 for it, of course I said I'll take it for that price. It has the Honda four stroke engine and he said that it was only rented for nine times. I checked it out behind my shop today and it did pretty good for its size when tilling up grass with a good amount of gravel about two inches under the grass.

If anyone is in the market for one check out your local Home Depot rental store.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That a great price we paid about $300 plus tax on a two-cycle mantis about a year and half ago. They are great machines, especially for flower beds close to houses.

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i own the honda version which IS sold at HOME DEPOT new. it is an awesome little machine, this little beast powers through anything, the one i have has a mini 4 stroke motor :cool2:

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

The only regret is that I did not buy it earlier this season wether it be for $175.00 or $360.00 retail. I just did not know how much landscaping, bed installs and bed renovations that I would be doing in my first year.

Oh well at least I have it now.