Great choice for 2007

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cemeteryman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I bought a 2007 exmark lazer z 60" triton with 31 hp vanguard engine. This mower is so much better than any other mower I have tried. The vanguard is such a better motor than the kohler. I have ran kohler engines for the last 5 years and the difference between the two is incredible. I ran toros and the cut is so much better on the exmark. Have any of you guys tried this combo, and do you like it as much as I do?

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Looks like you and me will be making the money this year. I just picked up an 06 leftover 31hp xs. The thing is a tank. Fast too. There is a night and day comparison between my new mower and my 27 LC kawi lazer . Good choice. I have yet to hear a complaint about the 31 briggs/vanguard

3. pedro

pedro LawnSite Member

I don't understand how the xmark can cut better than the toro because the xmark is made by toro.

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Why do they call it a briggs when vangaurd makes it?

5. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Still 2 different mowers with 2 different designs.

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Different decks there bud....:hammerhead:

I have about 500 hours on an 05 XS 60". The thing is awesome. I would prefer a 66" Triton XS with 35hp Vanguard and the speed up kit for 15mph.

7. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

The way I understand is that Briggs and Diahautsu (probably spelled wrong) teamed up to make the vanguard series. This is what I was told anyway.

8. pedro

pedro LawnSite Member

Mitisibishi is what i was told for the manufacturer. The reason I aksed about the difference between the two is why would Toro put a better deck on the exmark when that is the lower line mower (IMO). And if i remember correctly the decks are the same the last time I looked at both of them.

9. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark is really the lower end line? I alwase thought toro was the lower end line dipping kind of into the home owner segment i havent ever seen anything exmark that looked like relativly close to home owner. I alwase thought exmark was the higher end commercial line?

10. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I've heard, they still act a lot like 2 competing companies.