Great cust=Bad cust=BAD SEASON

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, Jun 8, 2005.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Its been a great season. My carb bowl is stripped will need a whole new carb. That will be in the shop for awhile. I've already rebuilt part of the tranny and replaced a spindle. So we're looking at $600 in repairs thus far. Not to mention this is my last season! So I am essentially paying for the privelege to work and not make any $$ doing it.

Anyway, today receive payment from a customer of 6 years who has been one of my best. She left a note in it basically saying that she "had 2 people out to inspect her trees to see if they were diseased-because if they were she was going to take them back to the nursery- the conclusion was that they had been hit by a "large machine or a weedeater." "These 2 trees may not survive. I would rather not put mulch around these 2 trees, but plan to continue to hand clip them myself as well as around the butterfly bush myself. I will continue to do this and ask that you guys stay clear of them. I have already lost one bush this past Spring and cannot afford to lose any more." (she drives a lexus)

Anyway...she'll be gone. I guess the nursery guys don't want to pony up, and she believed them. She's has the tress for years, won't water them, and I guess can't figure out why they aren't growing. STUFF DIES. Bad part she referred me to 3 other customers out there as well- it might be a basket deal- one goes they all go.