Great Dane 25hp Kohler strikes again!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Sep 13, 2000.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought the great dane chariot last tues evening. with .5 hours on it. As of monday my bro and I noticed heavy smoke coming out of the exhaust and flame shooting out of the tip (steady not a pop). Took it to the dealer, with only just under 2 hours on the engine and we get a call yesterday telling us the engine has a weak cylinder, possibley the rings or what have you there were some other little things duscussed also. I cant beleive this I;m having nightmares of the 25hp kohler now. I knew i should have bought a diesel. Supposed to get a new engine put in we will see.
  2. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator LawnSite Member
    from NY

Just say no to Kohler! Shoulda got a Kawi.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I bet that new machine has made you look like this :mad: Don't you wish you would have gotten a Yanmar with lots of Stainless Steel on the mower so you could look like this? :D
  4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Iam deffinatly with eric on this one, i have said screw kohlers hopefully by spring ill have enough $$$$ to get a deisil Chopper.
  5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what we were going to get until i went out one day to buy and seen the two dealers for dixie here in MD. They were about the most sanford and son looking places i have ever seen. The grass was 2 foot tall on the one that i had to get soaked walking through at 7:30 am, and the other one i had to fight barbie toys to get into the door. Neither had choppers i could test drive (pathetic) and one didnt even have like anything to do with lawn care in his 10x10ft store. Both had papers thrown everywhere and were some real out back looking places. Very poor choice of dealers, as opposed to the dane dealer that was 100% profesional had numerous models for me to test drive, had an awesome shop, and garage, very courteuos, and wanted to help me in anyway possible =(. I really wanted a dixie, maybe in another year i will find a better dealer in the tristate area that I may visit and purhase one through.
  6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I have to chime in & defend my favorite dealer from that last post. Not all of the Sanford & Son looking places are as bad as they seem. This guy's place is exactly as you described Syzer ( I was definitely very skeptical, but everyone I talked to said go there). But the service is top notch, prices good, and they bend over backwards to get you back into the field. I'm working on him though. I'm going to help him join the computer age this winter, so he can get more organized & turn our equipment around even faster ;).