Great Dane Champ, 36" hydro walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfer, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

Haven't seen anything in the archives about the Dane Champ. It costs around $2400. How does it cut ? Alot of you say you like Great Dane stuff including Chariots and Surfers. The Scamper looks good too but I'm looking for something smaller in a walkbehind, then will go to a bigger ztr after some growth. Thanks.<br>
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

if thats the model im thinking of it looks a troybuilt wide cut mower but in a hydro....
  3. t mitch

t mitch LawnSite Member
    from East TN

My dealer does not keep them in stock he says he does not recommend them. He recomends SCAG 36&quot; for the same price as you noted.
  4. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

I have used the champ its a ok mowwer cuts great. But for everyday comm. use I would not buy one. I dont think it will take the abuse. I used the 32 and 36 each for a week and they work and nothing broke but I feel its in the long term it will break. The curb jumping and so on. If your the one useing it it will be fine BUT if your handing to a crew or will onr day keep looking.

ERICMENGES LawnSite Member

i was looking at getting a great dane.i found a 36 wright standerd life time warrinty on the deck 2 year on every thing else. this is built like a tank the cut is great , turns on a dime, mowes hills ,large lawns, small i recomand one to any body there bad ass micheans.