1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane Chariot 19hp 48"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lambdin, Jul 9, 2008.

1. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

After trying about all the zero turn's out there I've decided I like the great dane's the best, my local dealor will sell me a 19hp Kaw/48" model for 5500.00out the door, I tryed it out for about an hour and it seemed plenty powerful enough, unlike the mini z which seemed anemic in comparison, I mow about 2 acres, anyone have one??? is it powerful enough? should I save up for the brutus? or would that be overkill?
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If you are not going to be running a vac system off the deck or mowing on steep hills you should be fine with that mower. I had an 18hp engine on a 52" deck and running a collection system, it worked fine on flat ground but was a little weak on hills. So if your property is flat you should be fine with that mower.
  3. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

The land I mow is pretty hilly in places, the dealor's site had some steep banks that I went up without any bogging, by the way does anyone know what brand/type of wheel motors great dane uses? kinda funny while I was testing out the chariot there was a guy trying out a new cub homeowner model, the cut quality/speed was not even close.
  4. eblankenship

eblankenship LawnSite Member

I purchased a Chariot about a month ago(19 Kaw 48"), I have put 10 hours on it so far and i am very pleased with power. Check out seauction.com. If you are willing to drive to Tuscaloosa, AL you can get one for 4500 brand new.