1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane Chariot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnnorder, Aug 3, 2000.

1. Lawnnorder

Lawnnorder LawnSite Member

I have an opportunity to buy a 48" Great Dane Chariot with an 18hp B&S. About 1200 hours on it. Asking price is $2K.
    I have no experience with these machines and would appreciate any comments the members may have....positive and negative. Do not know the year but would presume it is at least 2 years old.
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have a 22hp Chariot and love it. Sounds like a good deal but who knows. Check the arms that extend from the rear axle to the mowing deck for cracking, ask if they have been replaced. I broke one of mine when I hit a large hole while moving fast, sent all the weight down on it and "snap". :mad: Offer them $1800.00 and see if they take it.
  3. t mitch

t mitch LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I have a 61" 25 hp chariot. I love it! I have had no trouble from it. Would not trade it for anything else.
  4. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 61" 25 hp chariot that is Great! I have had a diod go out and while it was being repaired I used a 48" 17 hp and I dont like them very much at all. Its like going from a chevette to a cruser. Jim