1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane gate-way mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, Feb 13, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I saw a couple of months ago a picture of this mower in a magisine and it really looked like it might be a good mower.Its made by Great Dane and it is a walkbehind that has a cutting width of 52'' so far this mower does not sound very interesting,but!What really makes this mower interesting is the fact that more that half the deck actually folds up 90 degrees.That means that you can get through a 36'' gate and then fold the deck back and cut a large swath where before you could only cut a maximum swath of 36''.Does anyone know when Dane is going to release this mower for sale?If anyone has seen any info on this mower I would like to know about it!<p>THANKS!<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
  2. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

I have the brochure. If you have specific questions, let me know. I'd be glad to help you out.&lt;p&gt;John
  3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's already out @ about $5700-
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I only remember one person from this site mentioning that they had one. I recall he liked it for what it was for.

There were a couple dealers out this way selling them for $4K last season. I almost bought one.
  5. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

does anyone know if you can cut with the wing up or do you have use the full 52" deck when cutting.....I have some areas that the 52" would be more hassle....but if you could use just the main 36" deck....might work
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Casey, on the Gateway it has to be down. Can't cut with it up.
  7. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

I looked a one over a year go, but the dealer told me that it would not fit through a 36" gate because it is almost 38" wide when folded up. I stopped looking after that.
  8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen and demo'd the Hustler Gate Master. This is a wonderful machine. If you are serious about something that can cut 48" wide, then flip up and go through a small gate then this is the machine for you.

Click on the Hustler forum and see it for yourself. I know they say it wont be out till summer, but I do feel it will be well worth the wait.

Here is the link Click Here For Pictures
  9. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

That is swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt!!!! I just hate to see the price...wonder if they got that in a belt drive for us po foks:D
  10. I am glad to see you broke this story wide open to a thread that is almost 3 years old

Todays date 12-22-2002