Great Dane "Gateway" Anyone Tried?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walshdevo10, Jan 30, 2004.

1. walshdevo10

walshdevo10 LawnSite Member

Hey! Just wondering if anyone out there owns/owned/or tried a demo of the Great Dane "Gateway" mower. I'm interested in one of these badboys, looks like an awesome time saver and the need for only 1 mower (of course not including a backup). Just wondering your thoughts on it. Thanks, Jim

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Type in "Gateway" in the search and you will have plenty to read. Unfortunately, most of it is speculation, and very little personal experiences.
    But still plenty to read.

3. walshdevo10

Thanks Jonathon:D

4. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a gateway.Used on 3 properties.Did'nt like the feel of off set deck.Did'nt like 3rd wheel mark.Deck was difficult to adjust.I use a 36 toro t-bar hydro.love it.I bought another new one.:cry:

5. walshdevo10

I agree Turf...I run a Toro 36" hydro and Toro 52" hydro...love em' That Gateway did look interesting...To good to be true!!!

6. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the Hustler forum on this board. You will find some info on their Gatemaster. It's not available yet but it looks like a much better idea than the gateway. A completely different approach to a huge problem I think manufacturers have overlooked for FAR to long. Small gates have been around for a long time but as of yet no one has introduced anything productive to fit in them. I just can't see why, it could be a goldmine.

7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Gateway works great in every aspect except the stripe is terrible. Light weight, clean cut, bags everything reduces trim time plus saves space on the trailer. I use it as a trim mower and use the zero as my feature mower.