1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane Gateway mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Steve Huxtable, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Steve Huxtable

Steve Huxtable LawnSite Member

Hi I'm after a bit advice from this side of the pond.

I have a Great Dane Gateway mower which I use for cutting a small sports field and rough work.

It is only rear discharge with the wet summer and strong grass growth we have had this year I am finding it leaves the cuttings very clumpy.

So I am thinking of converting it to side discharge It has the brackets on the deck for the shoot so I think it is just a case of cutting the end plate off the deck and making a shoot. I would also like to make a blanking plate for using in confined areas.

Just wondered if any of you guys have done this convershion or have a mower that is side discharge as standard and have any pics of it.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

great.jpg

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a fixer, not a cutter. So, what I'm thinkin' is, your prolly gonna have to install some baffle/s under the deck. I have no idea if it already has em, or if Great Dane offers them in a "kit" or something.
    Best thing to do is check with the maker.

3. russ and sons

russ and sons LawnSite Member

i have a side discharge gateway if you still need picks of the undeside,

Russ

4. Steve Huxtable

Steve Huxtable LawnSite Member

That would be great thanks :)