1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

great dane gone from lawnsite!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apluslawn, May 9, 2004.

1. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

I just noticed that great danes forum is totally gone from lawnsite. they never replied very quick and had all negative posts anyway. Well maybe we might get a new one sometime I personally think it should be scag.
  2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

I also noticed that they are gone. Had a post hanging there, and was waiting for some answers. What happened to them? Maybe they need someone like me to work for them, get them off of their asses. Shake-up the whole operation. I wonder if they are hiring...a working man running the show...what a change that would be.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I would like to see scag here also
  4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If Scag comes here They will get a Very Bad Report for me.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

well I think that every company has turned out a bad machine at sometime, and every dealer cant be the best. I have been pleased with my tiger cub, but not my walk behind mower a 48'' gear drive, fixed deck, No problems with the wb but me and pistol grips dont mix.
  6. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

Im sure none of this surprises anybody anyway because of so many negative posts but why cant they just stop being so lazy. Isure do regret buying one of their machines wish I would have known about lawnsite then:angry:
  7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Great Dane sounds like it has real problems. From the unusually high number of complaints I read about them for such a low volume brand, to the slow responses and lack of interest on their own forum here....the ones I see for sale all seem to have peeling paint and stuff. A few dealers selling them on Ebay I could tell were dropping the line since their websites no longer mention them. There's more to a mower company than CAD drawings and a factory.
  8. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

maybe john deere called the sponsership quits?;)
  9. cowcutter

cowcutter LawnSite Member
    from Ky

Hey boys, yall probably already know this, but the man who started and owns great dane is the same fella who started scag.Go figure.