Great Dane=Great Striper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Live4Mowin', Jun 2, 2003.

1. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

I went to Great Dane's website and looked at their Scamper loop handle walk behind. As I was reading some of the attributes it said it was the best striping mower in the industry. Does anyone agree with that?

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

No I don't think so, I've used one for about 2 days and even on nice green plush turf, it doesn't stripe as well as my Scag does but it might be different on what kind of turfs you cut. The loop handles are nice to have though, I liked those.

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Ill post some pictures later this week. I have a 36" but it has the pistol grips. It stripes really good for me but I also put a homemade stripping kit on it. For me works great and I get a lot of compliments from passerbys when I get done.

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Great Dane mowers will stripe with the best of them if you have the deck set correctly...you need to have the deck pitch set so the back of the deck is 1/4" or so higher than the front to allow for proper air flow.

Try the Dane...the loop handles are very comfortable and the machines have been bullet proof!! I own 3 of them and 2 Chariot riders and am very happy with all of them!

5. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

GRASS MASTER, I AGREE WITH THE DANE AND STRIPING WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR MACHINES, SOUNDS LIKE A REALLY GOOD DEALER.

6. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Surfer and yes having the deck pitch right makes a huge difference in the quality of cut but for me the only way to get the more dramatic striping I want required a chain kit I made for it. Stripes with the best of them now.