Great Dane hydro adjustment

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by harryhomeowner, Aug 9, 2005.

1. harryhomeowner

harryhomeowner LawnSite Member

Just purchased a 1997 52" Great Dane Surfer, stander. The left side seems to move slightly faster thatn the right side.

Should, can, I adjust the hydro OR should I adjust the set screw which attaches to the left/right handle?

Thanks
    Rob

2. MikeA57

MikeA57 LawnSite Member

Do you mean the left side responds quicker making a turn than the right? I've got '99 52" Dane and I haven't seen a problem like this with it. I do know that there are a couple of handles down at the pumps that allow you to release them so you can push the mower if needed. One of those wouldn't be loose would it?

3. harryhomeowner

harryhomeowner LawnSite Member

One side does move faster than the other. Attached to the handle is the cotter pin and "screw type" mechanism. Perhaps I should tweek them in or out and that will fix the problem?

4. MikeA57

MikeA57 LawnSite Member

Are your throttle bars even with each other?
    I'm gonna have to look at mine again and check. I remember seeing the cotter pins but I was thinking that they were on the stationary bar that the ends of your fingers wrap around. The guy that sold me mine said that bar could be adjusted backwards to allow you to control the top speed of the machine. If you can't push the throttle bars as far forward, you can't go as fast. I don't think that has anything to do with your problem. It could be that one of your pumps is worn and needs replacing. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination and I'm espeecially not a hydraulics mechanic. It's been so long since we had rain (until today that is, thanks Katrina!) that my grass had just about given up growing. I haven't had to cut it in over 2 weeks...