Great Dane mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Floridamower, Sep 17, 2000.

1. Floridamower

Floridamower LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new mower and I have just seen the Great dane. How does it compare to the Scag , Exmark I am pulled between the three mowers I am also looking at getting a bagging system for the mower. Any help Please

No Kohler engines I have one right know and it, well you know," sucks ".

2. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

My bro and I just bought the great dane chariot, I cut the lawn once, loved the machine. Bought the PECO leaf vac system, havent had a chance to try it since after only 2 hours on the engine it went bad. Took it back to find the 25hp kohler had bad rings amonst some other things. Getting a new engine put on it now. I will keep ya posted about the leaf vac.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Lazer Z w/Lazer Vac 22hp Kaw. (27 next year)

No auxulary motor. I've used the HP vac and it's awesome. (If you like bagging clippings.)

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have a Chariot and a Scamper and love them. Very fast, productive machines. Do a search, more info there.

5. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

I too have the same question about great danes. I am a 1 man part time opperation. I had 2 exmarks which I loved. I bought a snapper 48 hydro and had is for 2 years ans snapper just bought it back as it was a lemon.

I test drove the surfer (a bit out of my $ range) and the Scamper which I liked. I really liked the grips. I am considering buying one but do not know much about them other than the history of Dane scagg its creator.

What are the pros and cons of the scamper or GD in general for that matter?

What would a 52" 17 kawasaki scamper go for in your area? in Cincinnati Ohio they are about $5,000

6. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

What is the blade tip speed and the ground speed of the GD Scamper in relation to exmark's turf tracer walk behind or other walk behinds for this matter.

I use a velki and need to go as fast as I can while being safe!

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

hey jimsny
    you are from my area. i have great dane chariot.and i like it except i dont like dealer ,took it to get fixed once they had it 7 weeks i hope you dont deal with them. i have found a good dealer now and they have danes,and exmark and scag Dirk Marder is manager at clermont county equipment they are the best in our area.

[Edited by rdh on 02-13-2001 at 09:08 AM]

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Well its been a little while since my post last year and have had much more time then the last post on the machine. With the new engine the machine seems much stronger and much faster. We had many leaf jobs and the peco leaf vac was a huge help. All in all I LOVE this machine. Once I got used to it and the bugs worked out I don't think I could ask for anything more. Now to pursue that scamper =)!!!!

Chris
    Precision Landscaping