1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane mowers? good or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bballv20, Oct 13, 2010.

1. bballv20

bballv20 LawnSite Member

2. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but seems like I read on here that Ariens is going to shut down this brand?

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, that is a dump sale. Great Dane will be gone as a brand, by next year. Not sure how long Ariens will provide parts support after that.

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

i love my surfer (stand on mower) cant say anything about their riders because ive never used them. but ya they're going out of business soon and i heard they will stop making parts after 6 months. so to be safe id probably pass on that mower, as much as it kills me to say that!

5. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I would just give the parent company a call directly! 920-756-2141 I demoed a new great dane brutus a few years back and was really impressed with it! I also called them with some questions that they quickly answered, its interesting to know that Dane Scag originally designed and built them in a shop in southern Indiana before selling the design. I ended up with a super z but the greatdane was one of my top picks, my guess is it will become part of the gravely line, which is not a bad thing ! let us know what ya find out, I really hope they don't kill the line! good luck.