Great Dane mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by originalboxcar, Oct 18, 2004.

1. originalboxcar

originalboxcar LawnSite Member
    from 49999

I can't recall ever seeing alot of great dane mowers use by LCO's.

Are they good, bad, indifferent?

Any experiences?

2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Never had a Dane, only cause no dealer nearby.
    IMO though, the best thing to happen to John Deere. But here enlies the problem, it's now a JD and i've vowed not to own one of them again.
  3. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

I bought a 2001 48in great dane stander with 300 hrs. 17hp kawi. worked awsome all summer long, no big problems, just general maintenance. Got a friend who must have over 1500hrs on his, ran great, although this year he put in $600 to it. I like them: solidly built, nice stipes, fast.
  4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently purchased a 48" hydro wb with 17 horse kaw brand new. So far I like it, but I only put about 100 hours on it so far. If I had to say anything I dont like, it would be that the pumps hang a bit low and cause ground clearance problems. Shouldnt be a problem normally, but I do a lot of road fronts where I require more clearance for accessability. Other than that it seems built solid and performes well
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They used to have a 'forum' here. But they left and closed it. I never heard why.
  6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I looked at several of their mowers in Louisville, and even demoed a Gen II Super Surfer. They seem to be better quality than what most give them credit for, kind of like Snapper's rep.....but, :drinkup: I'll take my Wright Standers any day, though... :drinkup: