1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by originalboxcar, Oct 18, 2004.

1. originalboxcar

originalboxcar LawnSite Member
    from 49999

I can't recall ever seeing alot of great dane mowers use by LCO's.

Are they good, bad, indifferent?

Any experiences?

thx,

t~

2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Never had a Dane, only cause no dealer nearby.
    IMO though, the best thing to happen to John Deere. But here enlies the problem, it's now a JD and i've vowed not to own one of them again.

3. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

I bought a 2001 48in great dane stander with 300 hrs. 17hp kawi. worked awsome all summer long, no big problems, just general maintenance. Got a friend who must have over 1500hrs on his, ran great, although this year he put in $600 to it. I like them: solidly built, nice stipes, fast.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently purchased a 48" hydro wb with 17 horse kaw brand new. So far I like it, but I only put about 100 hours on it so far. If I had to say anything I dont like, it would be that the pumps hang a bit low and cause ground clearance problems. Shouldnt be a problem normally, but I do a lot of road fronts where I require more clearance for accessability. Other than that it seems built solid and performes well

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They used to have a 'forum' here. But they left and closed it. I never heard why.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I looked at several of their mowers in Louisville, and even demoed a Gen II Super Surfer. They seem to be better quality than what most give them credit for, kind of like Snapper's rep.....but, :drinkup: I'll take my Wright Standers any day, though... :drinkup: