Great Dane Sr. or Jr. Difference?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by g888642, Sep 17, 2000.

1. g888642

g888642 LawnSite Member

I have a Great Dane 48 Jr. I use it to mow 2 large cemetaries....I really dont know if I'm impressed with it or not. I do know that this type of mowing is rough on any mower. I have gone thru at least 6 shoulder bolts that are used on the plastic anti scalping wheels on the deck. I also have ran over two of the plastic wheels on the deck. I was just wondering if the Jr. mower is made cheaper than the Sr. model? All other parts on the mower are a almost overkill on heaviness in construction. One last question... has anyone seen an outlet for the small plastic wheels that are used on the deck.

2. t mitch

t mitch LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I have the chariot 61". I have not had any problems with mine. My dealer has sold some of the juniors but not as many as just the chariot. He, nor others I know have ever mentioned to me any difference in the quality of the two. As for the question about the deck wheels, I have seen wheels similar to these at salvage places. Not meaning junk yards. They are store that have things that other places could not sale or are "seconds". Hope this helps you.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

g888, Do those caster wheels have the bronze bushings in them?

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Spoke with my dealer today. The only difference is the Jr. has 48" deck and 17hp Kaw. Same pumps, hoses, metal thickness, and such.

Ray