Great Dane Super Surfer Sale!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Master, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

FYI.....

My local dealer just informed me that there was a pre-season $600 rebate on Great Dane Super Surfers!! Awesome financing as well.

I was considering one last fall as this dealer had some good buys one units he was trying to clear out.

Any opinions on these machines?? I would be looking for a 52" Surfer. I love the floating deck and easy to adjust height adjustment. BTW...I tried the Wright Stander but it was too slow and had a fixed deck which does not work for me.

Thanks!

2. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Just to clarify, Wright dealers are instructed to initially set up the hyrdros to run in the slower of two pump speed positions so that the operators can get used to the machine before you move it up to the 8mph setting...your demo was most likely set in the slow setting.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I wonder if this is a true rebate or just $600 off, which you could get anyway this time of year.

4. Grass Master

Bruce:

The dealer said that it was a factory rebate.

5. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

It is a factory rebate and I will be taking advatage of it. Surfers work well for me floating deck and alot more cushin in the platform were you stand all day. Even my customers say the yellow paint is very classy on these machines when mowing there lawn. I guess every little bit helps.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If that is true I will be calling my dealer soon to find out the details. I was planning on picking up another one this spring I want in on $600 bucks.

7. Grass Master

Lux...

Who do you deal with in the Cleveland area?

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

There is what looks to be a 61" old style (fixed deck) great dane surfer for sale on Ebay. But oddly, it's new in the crate! How long has it been since they made this design and why would one still be unsold after all this time?

9. Grass Master

Bruce,

Can you provide a link to that mower? I would like to see it.

Thanks!

10. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Surfer