Great Dane Super Surfers ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, May 24, 2002.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a super surfer 36 " , Does anyone have any input good or bad about these ? The sales rep from the company that sells them says they are great and have few if any problems. He says that out of the nine lines of mowers they are the best, Great Dane that is. Please help me with my decision , Thank You
  2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

They are great... if you have a big big need for it. These run what, abnout, $5,300, right? They are perfect for tight areas b/c of their compact size and zero turn they kill a w/b because w/bs are much longer. They are made with Great Dane quality (which I can say is of the highest in the industry). But, They are a rough ride and a horrible choice for a primary mower, unless all you do are tiny tight turned lawns. If you do some wider open areas and want a smoother ride, get a larger Super Sufer. Don't consider buying a 36" if your primary reason is b/c it's the cheapest model. But you can't go wrong w/Great Dane.
  3. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

and don't always listen to your sales rep., b/c he's like you and just wants to make a buck. You can generally trust them, but be carefull sometimes.
  4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

If you are on any kind of hills forget traction!!! The Wright will blow it away. Just my 2 cents.
  5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

So the Wright is the better stander of the two.
    Just wondering. just might get one myself.