Great dane Surfer 61inch mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Allens LawnCare, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of people had scalping issues the wright stander 61 inch, and the fact that there wasn't a quick adjust for the cutting, only the spacers under the deck. Anyone like or dislike the Great dane 61 inch....

2. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

You are going to have the same issues with the Great Dane, even though they have a supposed "floating deck". The Wright Stander is a better built product hands down in my opinion. They also have a new rapid height adjustment stander on the market.

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Having owned both 60 in Dane and 61 in Wright. I could not disagree more w/ the above statement. The 61 in Wright will scalp much more. They are both great products but the Dane is much better especially in the 60 inch range. Again I've had both and like them both so I'm not just BS'in.

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

I also have owned both products and have had better luck with the Stander, I will admit that the majority of the properties that this machine is used on are very flat and there are not many areas to scalp anyway. However i feel that the scalping issue pales in comparison to how dependable the machines are. In my experience the Wright is more productive with less downtime. This all equals more profit on your bottom line. I owned one of the first original Great Dane Surfers sold in Minnesota, I also have owned the newer surfer. My first Wright was purchased two seasons after the first Dane, We also have the new generation Standers. I have compared these machines for the better part of a decade, so i do feel that the Wright is a better product overall, just my opinion. I don't BS.

5. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

The rapid height stander is not a floating deck, the deck is still attached to the engine frame, which moves up and down for changing cutting heights.

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

He never said it was a floating deck...

7. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

It seemed like it was implied, based on the above comments.

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

if you look at the sentence the "floating deck" comment refers to the Great Dane not the Stander...

9. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

As the way I read it, and the many other posts about the RH Stander, it has the mis-conception of a floating deck. I was just trying to provide information that was accurate. Sorry to offend, call off the grammer police.

10. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ladies Ladies.....Lets stop the hair pulling......Thanks for the info!