Great Dane Surfer Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mo Green, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been looking at a used Surfer. It has an 18hp Kohler, electric start. It has has a total engine overhaul within the last few months. It is 5 or 6 years old and seems to be in pretty good condition. The guy is asking $2800 for it. Good price or not?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

i dont think so. I would check the frame from the rear wheels forward along the sides for cracks. But that seems like a very high price for that mower.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I wouldn't want to pay over $1900 for it. Depends on what size deck it has and how many hours and the overall condition.

4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

the price is to high and I would recommend steering clear of old great danes. I have used both type of surfers and the wright is a better machine. All sorts of problems arise with older Gdanes.

5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I appreciate the replies fellas. :waving:

6. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

The Great Dane Surfers and Super Surfers are very nice machines but that price is too high...

Just saw the new 2005 Super Surfer at a show and it looked awesome!!

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Mo, I use Wrights, so I have no real experience with GD's..but the price does sound high to me. I would say around 1500.-1800.00 might be more accurate, also dependent on how many hours are on that 5-6 year old machine.