1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane Surfer Question....HELP!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger 13, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

I have a 22/60 surfer that has 460 hours on the machine. My problem is that the surfer ground speed seems to be getting slower. I have just changed the hydro pump belt and the front arm is in its forward position. The engine has plenty of power and the cut is good, but with the reduced gound speed, my jobs are taking longer to complete. Please help if you have had a similar problem. Thanks!!
  2. furball3

furball3 LawnSite Member

does it have a hydro filter? I notice a real diff when I put on a new filter for my hydro drive.

Thats my guess at it.
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

When I first got my surfer, it would get real slow and wouldn't track properly. The second day I had it, I took it out to a Park, measured off an acre and was gonna have a time trial to see how productive it was... It kept getting slower, and then I noticed that hyd. oil was boiling out of the resivour.." OH S@#$" I think, I haven't eevn had it a day and I already ruined it. Sorry for the story, but the moral is.. I discovered the "dump valves" on the back mside of the pumps that day!! Check to make sure yours haven't backed off.
  4. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for your replies. I found the problem today. There is a small set screw on the left side of each pump that had just backed off. I tighten both set screws and i could believe the difference.
  5. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

I'm gonna check that out too. My left tire is going much slower than the right. I have two Surfers, and the first one is 4 yrs old and we fixed that problem 3 months after we had it. However, this new one looks alot more complicated. Glad I'm not the only one that seems to get stuck in these predicaments